|Day||Aquatic centre||Fitness centre||Crèche||Café*|
|Monday - Thursday||5.30am - 8.00pm||5.30am - 9.00pm||8.45am - 1.00pm||7.00am - 6.00pm|
|Friday||5.30am - 8.00pm||5.30am - 8.00pm||8.45am - 1.00pm||7.00am - 6.00pm|
|Saturday||5.30am - 6.00pm||7.00am - 5.00pm||8.00am - 12.00pm||7.00am - 3.00pm (extended for events)|
|Sunday*||8.00am - 6.00pm||
8.00am - 5.00pm
From 3 February- 31 March 2019
|CLOSED||9.00am - 3.00pm (extended for events)|
*Summer opening hours from Sunday 4 November.
Stephenson Avenue Mount Claremont WA 6010Get directions
Public transport services HBF Stadium via bus number 28. The bus stop is located within the HBF Stadium car park. To see the timetable visit Transperth.
There are 1100 parking spaces at the venue including disabled and motorbike bays. Bicycle racks are located by the entrance to secure your bike. A parking fee may apply during major events.
Trainer Josh spoke to gym member Rachael about what keeps her motivated to maintain a regular fitness routine.
What is your motivation?
About five years ago I heard Michelle Bridges say, "motivation is like a rotten partner, never around when you need them", and it rang true with me just how challenging at times it can be to stay motivated. At a basic level you need to think, "just put your shoes on and go!" There are other reasons, though, that help me stay motivated.
Rachael's reasons to stay motivated:
- Depression has been something I have struggled with but I use exercise to overcome this.
- Exercise gives me time for myself.
- I enjoy the feeling of being energised and thinking clearly that comes from exercise.
- I sleep better.
- I eat better, with less chocolate and coffee.
- Looking at the longer term, maintaining a regular fitness routine will keep me mobile longer.
- I also enjoy challenging myself with exercise. Achieving exercise challenges gives me confidence to overcome other challenges.
The gym has been posting a regular workout of the week each Sunday at 5.00pm on the gym Facebook page. Have you found this useful?
Being kept busy with children, it's good to keep your rhythm to come into the gym but your program can become a bit stale. The workout of the week changes the routine, giving you something fresh to try each week.
There are so many great reasons here, both physical and emotional to establishing a regular fitness routine. We thank Rachael for sharing.